Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 1: Kylee Pasta

I am in love with food. Oh, and Pinterest. If you don't have one, get one, now! One of my famous creations is known as Kylee Pasta. It seriously is SO yummy and way easy to make! Everyone that I make it for loves it and hopefully if you try it you will too.

INGREDIENTS:
1 penne pasta container
LOTS of parmesan cheese
1 Buitoni pesto container
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 package of sun dried tomatoes
sautéed mushrooms (optional)
2-3 chicken breasts (optional)
salt and pepper

1. Cook the entire pasta container, make sure to not get soggy noodles, those are the worst!
2. Once the noodles have about 5 minutes of boiling left, put the heavy whipping cream in a separate pot and heat on medium-high heat until it begins to boil. MAKE SURE to keep an eye on that sucker, I don't know how many times I have left it only to here the stove freaking out cuz it has boiled over.
3. After is has successfully boiled, add the entire pesto container and stir.
4. For the sun dried tomatoes you may have to slice them into more edible pieces and then add those into the sauce. If you want mushrooms and/or chicken you can add those as well. I personally have had all of them together and it was way good!
5. Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir. Then add a lot of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.

I know it makes a ton, but it is still a really tasty left over and saves well for at least a week.

This is also really good with garlic bread from:http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/garlic_bread/ and usually for a veggie side I add a simple balsamic vinaigrette salad that you can put whatever you want into. I usually do tomatoes, avocado, green onion, and blue cheese.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment